A big huge thank you to JeanDayFriday, who sent me the Good Apple Award, a WordPress award, in a tag-your-it post today. Jean’s got some hilarious stories to tell, so stop over and check her out. I am honored that she has followed my blog so committedly and chose to share this award with me. Those of you who really know me, might perhaps question whether I’m a good apple… but I’m holding on to this, and proud to accept it. How do like them apples? Thanks Jean!
* Post the rules
* Answer the questions, the tagger posts for you.
* Create eleven new questions for the bloggers you tag.
* Tag 10 new people with a link to your post
* Give them a heads up that you tagged them.
(To put the Award jpg on your page, right click and save it to your desk top)
So, there you go: As with all good Blogging awards, this too comes with some hoops to jump through, and some rules to follow. That always involves some questions that tell y’all more about me (in this case). Given how many comments I’ve had recently about knowing a lot about me, I’m almost afraid to tell you anymore. Almost. So here goes.
1. If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you choose and why? Harry Potter. That is right off the top of my head. There are so many characters that I would be, for a variety of reasons, but I choose Harry because the mere idea of flying on a broom gets my juices flowing. Add in invisibility cloaks and wands, and it’s just too fun to pass up. Of course, I prefer a day when “he who must not be named” is busy with other things.
2. If time travel was possible, where would you like to visit? Any day in 1972 with my Dad. Since he died in 1973, I’d like to pick a year when I was the oldest I could be, and preferably (since this is all wishing anyway) I’d like to have my current thoughts. I’d like to really appreciate what I’m getting and ask all the questions I’ve always wanted to ask him. I’d soak it all in and be grateful for every minute.
3. What is your biggest pet peeve? Oops, this is a tough one. I have too many peeves, and admit that I need to work on that. Biggest pet peeve: our familial need to argue every single thing. It drives me insane. Daily.
4. Do you have a nickname now or from childhood? How did you get it? Had one briefly as a kid, Peaches, and can’t say how I got it. Lots of people called me Red, but that’s a no brainer.
5. What is your favorite book of all time? Ouch. Only one? I guess A Fine Balance, by Rohinton Mistry is always on my list, so that might be my favorite. Might be. There are several books that I can’t imagine not having read (Midnight’s Children, Salman Rushdie; Birdsong, Sebastien Faulks; Peace Like a River, Leif Enger;
6. If you had the power, what is one change you would make in this world? I would end poverty. I believe that if we could end poverty (true poverty) there would be an end to hunger, there would be less fighting, and many other problems would be solved as well. A close second would be ending violence/sex crimes against females.
7. Would you prefer jelly beans, Cadbury cream eggs or Reese’s eggs? Why? Reese’s eggs, hands down. Because I love Reeses, frozen.
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why? I seem to debate this with my kids all the time, but I would choose flying. Invisibility, super-human strength, etc are all cool, but I’ve always dreamed of flying… not in a plane, but just levitating and soaring off. If we were talking humanitarian, it would be the super power of ending wars.
9. Describe yourself in three adjectives. Expressive, overly sensitive, funny
10. Do you prefer Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games or Lord of the Rings? Why? Lord of the Rings. Love Harry and Hunger, but LOTR was the first series I really loved and read over and over (the entire series 3x over a few years.) The writing is far superior to the others, the story is what so many other stories are based on (sit and think about that for a moment- especially Harry Potter! So many similarities). J.R.R Tolkien was way ahead of his time, and Jackson did an incredible job bringing them to life on screen.
11. What is your favorite musical and why? Singing in the Rain. Love EVERYTHING about it. Gene Kelly is beautiful, Debbie Reynolds is beautiful, Donal O’Connor is fantastic. The music, the story, the sheer joy of it. Perhaps The Sound of Music comes very close, but Singing in the Rain holds my heart.
Here are the 11 Questions that the bloggers I tag must answer:
1. If you could spend a day with one famous person (living or dead) in history, who would it be and why?
2. Ocean or mountains and why?
3. If you could pick any career, and be successful, what would it be?
4. What brought you to writing?
5. Healthy eater or junk food?
6. What’s the most romantic thing anyone’s ever done for you, and who was it?
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
8. Drama or Comedy? Why?
9. Are you a dog person or cat person? Explain.
10. Most exciting place you ever traveled to, and why it was so exciting.
11. Which question was the hardest to answer and why?
I spy with my little eye, the following bloggers. You’re it: Tag!
Check out some of these wonderful bloggers… funny, interesting, snarky, smart, wise… it’s all there. Not necessarily in one spot, but these are all bloggers I enjoy reading.
Those of you who have been tagged, need to create 11 new questions and tag some other bloggers. Have fun!